The National Cold War Center Wins Entrepreneur of the Year at 21st Annual Arkansas Delta Byways Awards for Tourism Achievement
JONESBORO, AR (January 31st, 2023) – The 21st annual Arkansas Delta Awards, which recognize tourism achievement in Eastern Arkansas, were awarded Friday, Jan. 27, during a ceremony held at the Hendrix Fine Arts Center on the campus of Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas in Helena-West Helena.
The winners of tourism awards are:
- Hospitality: Wilson Café, Wilson, Mississippi County
- Entrepreneur: National Cold War Center, Blytheville, Mississippi County
- Tourism Support/Promotional Support: King Biscuit Time with Thomas Jacques, Helena-West Helena, Phillips County
- Festival/Event: Taylor House – Behind the Big House, Tillar, Desha and Drew Counties
- Boot Strap: Desha County Museum, Dumas, Desha County
- Cultural Heritage: Delta Roots Music Festival and Delta Cultural Center’s Greens, Beans and Cornbread Cooking, Helena-West Helena, Phillips County
The “Tourism Person of the Year Award” went to Marcel Hanzlik of Wynne, who serves as the president of Arkansas Delta Byways.
Arkansas Delta Byways (ADB) is the nonprofit association recognized by the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism as the official tourism promotion association for 15 counties in Eastern Arkansas. Counties include Arkansas, Chicot, Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Desha, Drew, Greene, Lee, Mississippi, Monroe, Phillips, Poinsett and St. Francis.
ADB receives administrative support through Arkansas State University’s Arkansas Heritage Sites Office.
For more details, one may contact Arkansas Delta Byways, (870) 972-2803
Link to Media Kit: Contains brochure, graphics (for digital, print and broadcast use) and logos.